ECOSTAR Resource Bank
What’s in this Resource Bank?
The ECOSTAR Resource Bank provides teachers and students with a wide range of EFL instructional resources that support implementation of a CEFR-aligned framework for tertiary level English teaching.
1. Curated collection of existing resources
Overwhelming numbers of EFL internet-based resources are already out there, available free of charge. The ECOSTAR team has sorted through hundreds of websites to ‘curate’ – find, select, and organize according to the following 3 CEFR levels:
- A2 Elementary Level (Besisi)
- B1 Intermediate Level (Mitkadmim Aleph)
- B2 Upper Intermediate (Mitkadmim Bet).
Instead of ‘re-inventing the wheel’, the ECOSTAR Bank enables teachers to utilize and add to this curated collection of existing EFL resources.
2. New multimedia instructional resources
ECOSTAR’s team has also developed new exemplars of CEFR-aligned classroom activities that focus on integrating speaking, listening, and writing as well as reading in the EFL classroom. These exemplars demonstrate how multimedia materials can be used to support the new EFL framework.
ECOSTAR’s Resource Bank has 6 ‘zones’ or sections. Each zone provides different resources to help EFL teachers implement CEFR principles in their own classrooms.
- New Framework for English Teaching
- Classroom Activity Exemplars
- Professional Development Resources for Instructors
- Independent Learning Resources
- Resources for EMI (English as a Medium of Instruction)
- EFL Community Sharing
Resources in the above zones can be used to support
- classroom activities
- ‘flipped classroom’ models
- independent study and learner autonomy