This policy describes how we collect and use your personal data during your use of the ECOSTAR website (https://tempus-ecostar.iucc.ac.il/) (the ‘website’) in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related Israel data protection legislation.
MEITAL (IUCEL: Inter-University Center for E-learning) is an inter-institutional center of excellence that promotes the use of learning technologies in higher education in Israel.
MEITAL is a department of the Inter-University Computation Center (IUCC).
In order to enable the activity of the ECOSTAR website as a personalized teaching and learning system, IUCC is required to hold and process personal information of ECOSTAR’s users, and when you use the ECOSTAR website, you consent to the processing of your personal information by IUCC.
- The IUCC collects personal information during your registration on the site and during your use of the site. For example: name, username, password, participation in site lessons and exercises, grades, comments in the system, correspondence with instructors, logins and exits from the system, and details about the network and computer from which you connect.
- The IUCC collects and processes the personal information legally and fairly, subject to your consent.
- The IUCC will use your personal information only for the purposes of operating the ECOSTAR website, or as required by law.
- The IUCC will not transfer your personal information to any third party, except in certain cases, for example: if IUCC is obliged to transfer the information by law; if IUCC is required to transfer the information to safeguard its rights and the rights of its employees and third parties – such as in the case of an investigation, prosecution, or complaint; if IUCC needs to transfer the information to providers and service providers to IUCC.
- The ECOSTAR website identifies your computer by using a cookie for regular operation and installation, including collecting system usage statistics, to verify details, to customize the system to your personal preferences and information security needs.
- Cookies are text files that your browser creates by command from a remote computer. Some cookies will expire when you close your browser and others are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies contain various information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you spent on the site, where you arrived at the site, sections and information that you would like to see when logging in and more.
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can avoid this by changing the settings in your browser. To do this, we encourage you to use the browser’s help file. In addition, you can delete the cookies on your computer at any time.
- If you avoid or delete cookies, the system, or parts thereof, will not work.
- The IUCC maintains the confidentiality of your personal information. If you have any questions about privacy at IUCC, you can contact us.